Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh What A Day!

Okay...so, this morning I wake up to a call from our renter in Virginia that a TREE fell through the roof at 1:30 in the morning!
Mind you we are in Indiana! I felt so bad... our renter is so great! We could not be luckier to have had God bless us with her as a renter. She said that she is taking photos of the HUGE tree limb that fell through the roof. AND
THANK GOD it didnt hurt anyone. It came inches from her son and actually punctured her sons bed. I am so thankful he is okay. He told his mom he is going to have such a cool story to tell all his friends at school. So at least he is not scarred for life. I could care less about the house. I am just glad everyone is alright!
So on a much lighter, less woody note:
Here below is a before photo of the window in the front of the house.



And Tada like Magic a window...with shutters. And incase you are wondering why there is such a gap at the bottom of the window! Well I am planning on putting a flower planter box!!! YAY I am so excited about that.

Here is a shot of part of the kitchen in Drywall. I am so proud because I have measured and hung some peices by myself. Woo Hoo! Hubby told me that I am getting good so now I have to help hang all the rest!


Now this is something I am so proud of. I made a planter bow for my garden to go in! I painted it, cut the wood and screwed it all together {all by myself}! I got this idea out of the Better Homes & Gardens magazine.



11 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

shutter look great!! i talked my hubby to be into putting up shadow boxes for me this year too:)

the house is really coming together!!

noelle ♥

Lois Christensen said...

I was wondering!! I think the window boxes will add so much to the house! Love what you've done already. And I'm happy no one was seriously hurt in your other house!

Frugal Jen said...

I love the idea of window boxes! I need to make a little garden like you did. I will add that to my husband's to do list :)

Katie said...

Wow it's really coming along, good for you making that planter all by yourself! Want to take a road trip and come on over here to make me one, pretty please☺

OMG A TREE!!! Thank goodness everyone is okay, but what a scary thing to have happen!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wow that was a really close call. Nothing like a tree falling on you in the middle of the night. Love the flower box idea too. That will look super cute!

Taryn said...

a tree? Wowzers!

The house is looking great! I am loving it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I am soooooooo happy no one got hurt at your rental house....and your house is coming along GREAT! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about your rental. I am glad the family living in it is okay.

When I saw your window I wondered what the heck you were doing with the shutters so long. Then I read on. Glad you explained that one! LOL!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Oh... and the planter is adorable!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad your renters are okay!

I LOVE your planter box! You did an amazing job!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

LOVING the black shutters and a flower box will look adorable! Hi from SITS!